Je parle Francais. Well, not exactly, but I did take 4 years of French in high school. My French teacher passed along this recipe to my class and for some odd reason I kept it. It has now become an absolute favorite in my household. Chances are, if you’ve come to my house for dinner, I’ve also served this to you. Its just so yummy and buttery and crispy and tasty!
- 6 chicken cutlets
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2c melted butter
- 1c bread crumbs
- 1/2c finely grated sharp cheddar
- 1/4c Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add garlic and melted butter together and let stand for 20 minutes.
3. Mix together bread crumbs and cheeses.
4. Salt and pepper chicken and dip in melted butter then crumb mixture.
5. Place chicken in 9×13 baking dish.
6. Pour remainder of melted butter over chicken.
7. Bake until chicken cooked through, approx. 45 minutes.
8. Baste occasionally with pan juices if desired.