Rachel feeds an army at her house. Well, at least 3 teenage boys, their friends and her husband, Brad. She is always looking for “fun foods” to feed the crowd!
We asked her to share her favorite Super Bowl food ideas with us. Here are two of her favorites:
This is a family favorite. The first time I had this was
at a Super Bowl party. I asked the lady who brought it if she would share the recipe and I have since tweaked it a bit. The original came from Mary Lou Walsh.
- 3 large cans of chicken breast. Can use chicken breast that is already cooked and shredded
- Mix 8 ounces of cream cheese into the chicken breast
- Pour Hot Sauce of choice over the chicken mixture and mix in until it is a light to medium pinkish color. This is really to taste, because our family likes it very spicy.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese and drizzle with ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing.
Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted
Serve with veggies and tortilla chips
This recipe is from my Mom, but my mom got it from a friend, Nancy Hubman.
It is a favorite family recipe from when I was growing up. We would have this every Super Bowl as we gathered with friends to watch the game that signified the end of the football season.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 sticks butter melted
- 1 cup chopped nuts (if you have allergies, this can be omitted)
Mix together and put into a 9×13 pan. Bake @ 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powered sugar
Add: 1 cup cool whip or homemade whipped cream
Mix together and spread on cooled crust
- 2 small packages of chocolate instant pudding
Mix according to direction for pudding. Spread on top of 2nd layer. Top with cool whip or whipped cream and nuts (if desired)
Enjoy and have fun watching the game,